1. What was the unbalanced
2. Which object received
the unbalanced force, the penny or the index card?
3. Why didn't the
penny fly off with the index card?
4. What force made the penny drop into the cup of water?
An object will continue to move
in a straight line at a constant speed unless
an unbalanced force does something to it.
1. I built an inclined planed.
2. I placed a toy car and a passenger
at the top of the inclined plane.
3. I let go of the car and allowed
it to accelerate down the inclined plane.
4. I placed a book at the bottom of
the inclined plane.
What do you think happened to the
figure in the toy car?
Watch the movie to find out.
1. When the car stopped
what happened to the passenger?
2. What force stopped
3. Why did the passenger continue to move in a straight line?
force(s) finally stopped the passenger?